Ice Rink Schenectady County Recreational Facility
Since late 2000, the state-of-the-art ice rink at the Schenectady County Recreational Facility has served residents of Schenectady County and ice skating enthusiasts from the entire Capital Region.
The ice rink offers a wide range of recreational skating, ice hockey and figure skating programs for all ages. Our ice rink is the home of Schenectady Youth Hockey Association, Burnt Hills/Ballston Spa High School Hockey and numerous Adult Ice Hockey Leagues. Voted "Best Summer Cool Down" by the Times Union.
The cost for Public Skating is:
- $5.00 General Admission
- $3.00 for Senior Citizens
- $3.00 for children under the age of 5.
- Skate rentals are available at an additional $5.00 per pair.
- Locker rooms are provided to store bags/totes and to change into ice skates. There is no changing in the lobby area.
We have buckets available for the first-time or beginning ice skaters. Stacking buckets, as bucket availability permits, allows for height adjustment. A limited number of sleds are available (allowing a skater to stand upright and hold onto two, parallel bars) and be pushed by an adult-age skater).
Handicapped/Wheelchair Ice Access:
Upon request, we have permitted wheelchair access on the ice. Those in wheelchairs must be accompanied and propelled by an adult.
- From I-90/NYS Thruway Eastbound: Southeast on I-90/NYS Thruway to I-890 exit 25 (Schenectady). Go thru Toll Plaza, and take I-890 to Erie Blvd. exit 4B. Follow signs to Erie Blvd. East on Erie Blvd. about 4 miles (Becomes Freemans Bridge Rd.) to Airport Rd. (about the 10th traffic light). Right onto Airport Rd. to Schenectady County Recreation Center. Arena is about 150 yards on left.
- From I-90/NYS Thruway Westboud: West on I-90 to I-890 exit 25 (towards Rt-7/Schenectady/Rt-146). Merge onto I-890 W becomes I-890 W/Rt-7 E. (stay straight on I-890 W). Take the Washington Ave. exit 4C (towards Scotia). Stay straight to go onto ramp and merge onto Washington Ave. and turn left onto Rt-5W. Left on Rt-5 about 1 miles to Rt-50. Right on Rt-50 about 2.3 miles to Airport Rd. Right onto Airport Rd. to Schenectady County Recreation Center. Arena is about 150 yards on left.
- From the North/East: Take I-87 (Adirondack Northway) to Rt-146 exit 9W (Clifton Park). West on Rt-146 about 6 miles to intersection where Rt-146 goes left (DO NOT TURN LEFT - GO STRAIGHT FOLLOW SIGNS FOR GLENRIDGE ROAD). Follow Glenridge for about 2.5 miles to Rt-50 (K-Mart is on your left). South (left) on Rt. 50 about 1.7 miles to Airport Road. Left onto Airport Rd. to Schenectady County Recreation Center. Arena is about 150 yards on left.
Additional Schenectady County recreation and sports (ice rink) facility information can be accessed at: https://www.schenectadycounty.com/content/sports-and-recreation.
5 Tower Road
Scotia, NY 12302
(518) 384-CHIL (384-2445)