TOWN OF GLENVILLE
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at the Glenville Municipal Center, 18 Glenridge Road, Glenville, NY 12302-4518 on Monday, February 22, 2010 at 7 p.m. to hear all persons interested in the following applications as provided for by the Zoning Ordinance of the Town of Glenville.
Application of Thomas Pai, 126 Saratoga Road, LLC, for 4 Area Variances at 126 Saratoga Road, Glenville, NY 12302 that will allow for the expansion of the parking area. Said property is located in a Community Business Zoning District and is identified on tax map 22.15-2-52.212. The variances being requested are as follows:
1) To allow for parking within 25 feet of two right of ways. This 25' must be green space. The applicant proposes to create new parking spaces 14' from NYS Rt. 50 and 22' from Rudy Chase Road
2) To allow for a reduction of the minimum 35% green space to 28%.
3) To allow for no landscaping between proposed new parking and three roads, NYS Rt. 50, Rudy Chase Road and Tech Park Road. Street trees spaced not more than 30' apart along with lower shrubs are required for all new parking areas.
4) To allow for no internal landscape islands. With the addition of 21 new spaces a minimum of two islands are required.
In accordance with the Codes of the Town of Glenville:
1) 270-73, C, 3: All parking lots/areas associated with nonresidential uses and multifamily uses will be located no closer than 25 feet to any street right-of-way, nor closer than 10 feet to the rear or side property lines.
2) 270-141, B, 1: All nonresidential uses will retain at least 35% of the property as green space.
3) 270-141, C, 1: All parking lots shall be landscaped around the periphery of the lot to buffer the visual impact of the parking lot on adjacent properties and streets.
4) 270-141, C, 2: Parking lots with 20 or more spaces are to be subdivided by internal landscape islands. Landscape islands are to be equally distributed for maximum environmental and visual effect, with not less than one island for every 10 parking spaces. Each landscape island should contain at least one medium or large shade tree.
The proposed expansion of the parking area also requires Site Plan Review approval.
By Order of the Chairman
Zoning Board of Appeals
Town of Glenville