Town of Glenville
18 Glenridge Road, Glenville, NY 12302
ph: 518-688-1200
fx: 518-384-0140
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are your offices?
The Glenville Town Hall is located at 18 Glenridge Road.  If you are coming north from Scotia on Saratoga Road, (Route 50), turn right at the stop light at the intersection of Route 50 and Glenridge Road; proceed to the Municipal Center at the top of the hill.
From the east, Route 146 turns into Glenridge Road at the intersection with Maple Avenue.

What are your hours?
Glenville Town Hall hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, but can vary during summer months.  Please contact the department you need for specifics.

Where do I register to vote?
Voter registration for all Glenville residents is through the Schenectady County Board of Elections

Who picks up my garbage?
Residents need to contract with commercial garbage haulers. The companies currently licensed to haul garbage in Glenville are:

HAULER                                           ADDRESS                        PHONE

Allied Waste Services                            136 Sicker Road                   518-785-7030                        Latham, NY  12110

County Waste & Recycling                        PO Box 790                    518-877-7007
Service, Inc.                                    Clifton Park, NY  12065

Waste Mgmnt of Eastern NY                        PO Box 15009                 518-427-0141                Albany, NY  12212

Advantage Disposal                              716 Saratoga Road             518-355-6615
                                                        Burnt Hills, NY  12027

How do I get a certificate of residence?
You must go to your local County Finance Commissioner’s office for certificates of residence. In Schenectady County, the office is at 620 State Street (phone 388-4266).

Where is my deed filed?
Deeds are always filed with your local County Clerk. You may contact Schenectady County Clerk at (518) 388-4220 or visit at 620 State Street in Schenectady.

When do tax bills come in the mail?
Property tax bills are mailed the first week of January and are usually due by the end of January. School taxes are mailed the first week of September and are due by the end of September.

I just moved into my home and was told that I need to report the current water meter reading. Who do I call?
Contact the Water Department at (518) 688-1200, ext. 317.