TOWN OF GLENVILLE
Planning and Zoning Commission
September 13, 2010
1. Approval of the minutes of the August 9, 2010 meeting
2. Morris Strauss Site Plan Review
19 Glenridge Road Final (Public Hearing)
The applicant is seeking Site Plan approval to construct a 4,992 square foot retail/office building at the existing Towne Center Plaza. The property is located on the north side of Glenridge Road, opposite the Glenville branch of the Schenectady County Library. This parcel is zoned General Business and is within the Town Center Overlay district.
3. Richard J. DiCresce, Jr. Site Plan Review
178 Freemans Bridge Road and Conditional Use Permit
Final (Public Hearing)
This application calls for the construction of a 40’ x 60’ pole barn structure which would be used for automobile inspections. The property is located on the east side of Freemans Bridge Road, opposite Oliver’s Café. The property is zoned General Business.
4. Thomas J. Pai Site Plan Review
126 Saratoga Road Final (Public Hearing)
The applicant is asking to expand two parking areas; one in the front yard of the existing professional building and the other in the rear yard. Several variances were granted for this proposal. The property, located on the southeast corner of Route 50 and Rudy Chase Drive, is zoned Community Business.
5. Baptist Health Site Plan Review and
7 Swaggertown Road Minor (two-lot) Subdivision
Baptist is proposing to construct the first phase of their five-phase, multi-year project. The first phase includes a 67-unit, 72-bed assisted living nursing facility. The two-lot subdivision would separate out an 8.87-acre building lot from the 48-acre parcel for the assisted living building. Phase 1 also includes parking, infrastructure, the boulevard entrance road and a storm water basin designed to accommodate this phase. The property is zoned Mixed Use Planned Development.
6. Shaun M. Cole Minor (2-lot) Subdivision
218 Droms Road Preliminary
This proposed subdivision would create a 1.12 +/- acre residential building lot from the existing 32 acre parent parcel. The property is located on the west side of Droms Road, just south of Onderdonk Road. The property is zoned Suburban Residential.
7. Thomas Pai Minor (4-lot) Subdivision
3 Snake Hill Road (Preliminary)
This proposal calls for the subdivision of a 14.39-acre parcel into four (4) residential building lots. This proposal has been reconfigured to eliminate the need for any area variances. The property is located within a Rural Residential/Agricultural zoning district.
8. Estate of Laura M. Gower Minor (3-lot) Subdivision
58 Bruce Drive (Preliminary)
The applicant is seeking to create three (3) lots from the 10.92 +/- acre parent parcel. All lots have access to public water and sanitary sewer. The property is zoned Suburban Residential.
9. Town of Glenville Christiana Property Development 16 Onderdonk Road Plan – SEQRA Recommendation to the Town Board
This item involves adoption of a development plan for two town-owned parcels, formerly owned by Jeffrey Christiana. The plan for these 48 acres includes the establishment of a pull-off “eyebrow” parking lot for five cars on Onderdonk Road and the creation of 3,760 feet of hiking trails.
For the Tuesday, September 7th agenda meeting:
1. Consider Chris Myers’ request to extend the site plan approval for Yates Farm for a period of two years.
2. Revisit the previously-approved Carusso subdivision on Amsterdam Road (three lots for duplexes), due to the fact that area variances for inadequate lot width have been granted. The variances weren’t considered as part of the original subdivision approval.
REMINDER: DUE TO THE LABOR DAY OBSERVANCE, THE AGENDA MEETING WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY, SEPT. 7TH IN THE MEL BARTLETT ROOM (NEXT TO THE PLANNING DEPT. OFFICE).