SNOW PLOWING & ICE CONTROL
Important things to remember:
* Glenville Code §1219; It is unlawful to throw or deposit snow or ice in the roadway.
* In the event of a heavy wet snow storm, please refrain from placing garbage cans at road edge.
* Placement of structures in the town’s roadways and right of ways are prohibited and slow down the process.
* Parking of vehicles is prohibited from parking on town roadways between the hours of 3 am and 6 am commencing November 15th through April 1st.
* Parking is prohibited on or along town roadways for 48 hours after a snowfall exceeding an average depth of three inches.
We will again offer the Christmas tree pick up program this year.
Program begins on or about January 4, 2016 and continues for three weeks weather permitting.
Tree’s buried under snow will not be picked up. All ornaments, stands and plastic bags
must be removed.
Front of box should be parallel with the edge of pavement. There should be a clearance
of 48" to 60" from bottom of box to pavement. Extend box beyond end of post. Attach board
holding box to post with screws or doubleheaded nails, permitting easy removal if
necessary to adjust box height.
TOWN RIGHT OF WAYS
The Town's right of way is either 25' or 30' from center lane of road. Nothing should be
placed or erected in the town's right of way. This includes basketball hoops, soccer nets,