The Town of Glenville is seeking volunteers for its Efficiency in Government Committee. The committee meets the third Wednesday of each month from 12 noon – 1 pm.
Committee activities for 2014 included:
- Identifying potential vendors for upgrades to the town financial systems and the town's IT system in general.
- Completed a survey to obtain input from other municipalities that have used the vendors.
- Completed and tested a Town of Glenville survey designed to obtain input from town residents about knowledge of and satisfaction with town and other munipalities' operations.
- Analyzed the town's energy use over the past two years, including energy cost and usage trends, reasons for the trends, an in-depth analysis of potential exterior lighting upgrades and vehicle idling.
Committee priorities for 2015 include:
- Assisting in the selection of a vendor for the town's IT upgrade.
- Issue the Town of Glenville survey on town services both in hard-copy and electronically, and help analyze the responses.
- Continue energy analyses.
- Continue to explore other service efficiencies that assist delivery of cost-effective local government services.
Individuals interested in assisting on the town EIG committee should complete the Volunteer Interest Form (link) or attach a resume and submit to:
James MacFarland, Deputy Supervisor, Glenville Municipal Center, 18 Glenrige Road, Glenville, NY 12302.